When you start an online pet store, you are not only helping animal lovers get the best for their pets, but you are getting into a niche where you can make big dollars. Most pet owners love lavishing attention on their pets. This billion-dollar industry is hot for the right person to get into now.
Be it a dog, cat, birds, fish…you name it, someone out there has it as a pet.
Why Start An Online Pet Store
Animals are magnificent creatures that help people get over many difficult situations. Pets make great companions as well help to draw in compassion for the person they belong to.
Most people love to shower their pets with organic food to diamond collars.
We have a dog. He’s a pampered pet. His food is brought in specifically for needs, his winter coat is made of the warmest cloth you can think. He also gets his grooming done once a month at one of the top groomers in town.
This is a billion-dollar niche and is only going to continue to grow. Now is the time to start an online pet store.
- This niche study is done based on the US population.
- 51,000,000 men have pets
- 81,000,000 women have pets
In 2018 people in the States spent $72.38 billion on their pets.
The estimated expenditure for 2019 is $75.38 Estimated, it has increased by $3 billion.
People love their pets. There are an estimated 180 million dogs and cats in the U.S. alone. That’s not even mentioning all the snakes, guinea pigs, parrots, and other more exotic creatures people keep as companions. And if you’ve been to a pet store lately, you know that pet owners will spare no expense and will buy just about anything pet-relate. Gourmet dog food, pet toys, healthy treats, Heck, I’ve even seen dog strollers and cat leashes. I’m also sure there are a lot of dogs out there that eat better than I do! Maybe a bit silly, but there you go.
The reality is many people treat their pets and spend more on their pets than they do on themselves, and this is a niche market that is only growing bigger and bigger each year.
Source – The Balance Small Business
- Food $29.07 billion
- Vet Care $17.07 billion
- Supplies/OTC Medicine $15.11 billion
- Pet Services: grooming & boarding $6.16 billion
- Live animal purchases $2.1 billion
- Other Services $6.31 Billion
Why Is the Pet Niche In Demand
The pet niche is in demand because some people like to have the company of their pets. But they also like to dote on their pets just as much. When I go outside, usually there are at least 5 people walking their dog, just on our street alone. Almost like every home has a pet.
Elderly people can often be found having pets for companionship, instead of being home alone, they prefer having the company of a dog or cat. Having a pet serves their need to
- Fight boredom
Other people like to have pets to socialize. When people are out walking their dogs, they tend to engage in conversations with other people walking their dogs. You can be apart of this phenomenal way of helping others meet.
Animals are beautiful and exciting. Animal-loving people will always find them attractive no matter what kind of animal it is. Some people love to watch animals and what better way than to have one of their own, even better for you is to provide products to fulfill the needs of the pet.
Just by searching “how to care for your pet” in Google, I noticed over 1,000,000,000 results are showing up.
Point is people love their pets!
Google Trend For Pets
MicroNiches to Explore
- Organic Pet Food – many people are now getting into organic foods, why leave their pet behind. Not only do they want to be healthy, but they also want their pets to have the very best.
- Clothing for Pets – our family dog has its own little booties as well as a rain jacket and a winter coat. He gets walked no matter what, but the nice thing is he will never ever get cold.
- Pet Accessories – have you seen how many people buy collars for their pets, some even get them engraved in case their pets get lost. Many people during the holidays like to dress up their pets as well. Imagine what you sell during seasonal times.
- Pet Health – most of us nowadays pay much attention to the health of our pets. They are one of the family and deserve to be at their optimal best.
- Dog Training – have you watched the show the dog whisperer? Look at all the gadgets they to train dogs. We bought our puppy training mats, which he caught onto quite quick. After about 2 weeks he was successfully able to do his business outside.
- Cat Food – the cat people have to feed their kitty. There are so many varieties, list them and review them. You’ve got yourself a site where many people will shop.
Domain Name Ideas
I used Jaaxy to find these domain names.
Long Tail Low Fruit Keyword Ideas
When looking for keywords in a niche which is in high demand, but has a lot of competition, it’s better to get the long tail low fruit keywords. Believe you will find many keywords to start an online pet store very a lot of topics to discuss. As a matter of fact, you will never run out of content.
Read the best long-tail keyword suggestion tool to find how keywords research is done. The lower the keyword is ranked for, the higher the chances you have of ranking.
- Holistic pet food –114 sites ranking for this term
- Cheap pet food – 120 sites ranking for this term
- Dog care information – 81 sites ranking for this term
- Small pet accessories –57 sites ranking for this term
- Dog pet accessories –77 sites ranking for this term
- Dog health care – 132 sites ranking for this term
- Natural dog care – 81 sites ranking with for this term
- Cat care products – 116 sites ranking with for this term
- Cat care tips – 165 sites ranking with for this term
These keywords were found using Jaaxy keyword finder.
Why Should You Get Involved in The Pet Niche
Now is a great time to get into the pet niche, this niche is only going to grow.
Getting into it now secures your chance of creating unlimited earnings.
The more established your site is, meaning the longer you are around; the larger your slice of the market will be.
Build your unique site to start an online pet store today.
Are you ready to become a pet niche affiliate?
If so, then read my review on the wealthy affiliate university where you can learn how to create an affiliate site where you can start earning money.
Don’t want to read the review; it’s okay; you can click on the orange box below to start your free affiliate site now.
Let me know in the comments below what your thoughts on this niche are?